Struggling to find a way forward? – an INDY mentor might just help…
The role of a mentor is to encourage personal growth through the sharing of knowledge, expertise and experience. The mentoring relationship is built on mutual trust, respect and communication, and involves both parties meeting regularly to exchange ideas, discuss progress and set goals for the future.
Benefits for Individuals
Being mentored is one of the most valuable and effective development opportunities you can offer employees. Having the guidance, encouragement and support of a trusted and experienced mentor can provide a mentee with a broad range of personal and professional benefits, which ultimately lead to improved performance in the workplace.
For mentees, some key benefits of business mentoring include:
- Exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Advice on developing strengths and overcoming weaknesses
- Guidance on your personal development and strategies to move forward
- Building your profile to help develop new opportunities
- The opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge
Benefits for companies
For employers, investing in INDY mentoring is a useful and cost-effective way to support your post 50+ employees and keep your most knowledgeable and experienced performers engaged and energised.
For employers, investing in mentoring helps to:
- Develop a culture of continued growth
- Encourage desired company behaviours and attitudes
- Improve staff morale, performance and motivation
- Engage, retain and develop performers
- Help people find new paths when leaving the organisation is mutually beneficial for both employee and company